What you need to know about being a tenant with Lucas Estates…
Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st September 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- the rent;
- a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
- a holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent;
- default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
- reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
- payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
- payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st September 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.
When renting a property through our lettings department there are Administration Charge’s applicable, they are payable by the tenant and are as follows;
- £200 + VAT for a single tenancy application.
- £50 + VAT for each additional tenancy application.
- £25 + VAT for renewing the tenancy agreement.
Payment of the application fee covers;
- Accompanied viewings around rental properties.
- Pre-tenancy reference checks.
- Generation of your 6 month AST agreement.
- Ensuring relevant safety certificates are in place.
- Signing & witnessing of the tenancy agreement.
- Processing of rent advance and bond where applicable.
- Handing over of the keys at the property or in our office.
What you need to know as a tenant living at one of our managed properties…
We take pride in the management service we provide not only to our landlords, but also to our tenants. If you live in one of our managed properties you can expect;
- A well rounded professional service.
- An in-depth inventory report prior to moving in.
- A helpful check in service on moving in day./li>
- Periodic meetings at your property to discuss any issues.
- Experienced agents on hand throughout the week to help with any issues you may have.
- Out of hours emergency contacts available on our website & on our out of hours office voicemail (01443 862 862).
- A check out service to ensure no unnecessary deductions are taken from you bond.